Center for Healthy Communities
As a member of the Data Science Initiative, I have been working with the Center for Healthy Communties since 2019 as a statistical consultant, data manager, providing data skills training workshops and managing Data Science student interns. I help the CHC streamline and organize their data processes, research and program evaluation tasks.
The primary contract that I work on is the CalFresh Outreach Program
CalFresh Food is a nutrition assistance program that helps low-income individuals and families buy the food they need. CalFresh Food dollars help stretch a tight food budget and help many people afford to incorporate healthy foods like fruits and vegetables into their diets.
Data Product / Deliverables
- Website for subcontractors to upload required reporting files quarterly.
- Internal dashboards for progress on survey administration
- Results of the Basic needs Student Success Survey
- Similar website for [BNS3 Pilot 2] seriously enhanced by Derek Helm
- Regularly supervise 1-3 Statistics and Data Science student interns and student analyst staff
- Manage 2-4 Statistics/Data Science interns each semester.